Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Interlude (What's Goin' On)

The prior post represents the end of the attempt I made to keep a diary of my travels as everything went south in Seattle and then picked back up.  Which leaves me something like nine or ten days behind on our travels.  Short form: We've been running the hell all over the place; Mom's drinking cider; a band in Dublin shouted out to Steve Earle (if you don't know, don't worry); museums, trains, buses, cabs-the black cabs are wonderful-Bristol, Avebury, Liverpool, Galway, Moher and Burren, Dublin, Belfast, Troon, Edinburgh, a creepy coincidence with some ladies we encountered at Galway, York, and now London.  And I'm sure I left a few things out of that list.

Presently we sit aboard a comfortable train en route from York to London; word arrived yesterday that Dad reached Hawaii safely; Michael wants me to do a structural study of the English language but I can't get past the bit about gerunds (again, don't ask).  Time to pass off the wi-fi and finish my beer; London calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment