Wednesday, June 9, 2010

30 May - Solsbury Hill

Climbing up to Solsbury Hill, I could see the city lights.  Wind was blowing, time stood still.  Eagle flew out of the night.  He was something to observe, and coming close, I heard a voice; standing, stretching, every note-I had to listen, had no choice.

Solsbury Hill!

No, really, it’s one of those secret things.  I might say, “If you ever asked me if there was one place in England I wanted to see, I would say Solsbury Hill.”  Except I wouldn’t say it.  Really, more than anything else, I want to see a bald hill in the middle of the English countryside?

It is a sacred place, this hill.  I can’t say what it means to the Christians, or anyone else, but yes, to me it is a sacred site.

It wasn’t dark enough to see the city lights.  Rather, the view is somewhat breathtaking.    But, yes, the wind was blowing, and time stood still.  I wouldn’t see the eagle, though, until later.

“Son,” He said, “grab your things, I’ve come to take you home.”

No comments:

Post a Comment